All-Original Open Mic | Stage Left Cafe | 4th Wednesday
November 23 @ 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm CST
All-Original Open Mic at Stage Left Cafe features original songwriters, poets, storytellers, and composers. We are delighted to showcase these artists in a warm, welcoming community setting.
All performance styles are welcome as long all material is original and the performance is family-friendly.
All-Original Open Mics meet on the fourth Wednesday of the month, Stage Left Cafe,125 W. Van Buren St., Woodstock, 7:00 – 9:00 pm. Doors open at 6:30 pm.
Stage Left Cafe offers an exceptional performance space and sound system for these events. Proof of vaccination is required on entry and masks except when performing, eating, or drinking.
Join us for these wonderful evenings of family-friendly entertainment. There is a nominal cover charge at the door.
How to Sign Up to Perform
There are twelve spots at each open mic. Reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis. TIME IS SHORT, so please place your request right away using the following instructions.
If you haven’t already done it, please visit this page (or click on the button below) to complete a one-time informational form. When you fill in your form, be sure to indicate if you are a poet/writer or a singer/songwriter. You can indicate that in the “Comment or Message” field.
Once you submit that form, you can return to the same page any time to request a performance spot in any of our venues.
The “Golden Rules” of Performing
- All material must be original. Cover songs or the work of other authors is not allowed.
- Singer/songwriters and musicians may perform two songs or ten minutes of material.
- Writers and poets may read five to eight minutes of material. Since we are close to Thanksgiving, consider writing a poem or reflection on gratitude.
- Please do not exceed time lengths as it is unfair to other performers. Keep introductions to your material brief so you can use your time wisely.
- Please show respect to other performers. We encourage you to stay for the entire program. We are proud to maintain a community of supportive artists.
- No recording is allowed except for your own performance.
- Most importantly, have fun, and know that you are among friends!
Important note to performers and attendees in all indoor venues
Masks and vaccinations recommended but not required. please be thoughtful.