All-Original Open Mic returns to Stage Left Cafe featuring original songwriters, poets, storytellers, and composers. We are delighted to showcase these artists in a warm, welcoming community setting. Beginning in January 2022, these Open Mics meet 4th Wednesdays.
All performance styles are welcome as long all material is original and the performance is family-friendly.
All-Original Open Mics meet on the fourth Wednesday of every month, Stage Left Cafe,125 W. Van Buren St., Woodstock, 7:00 – 9:00 pm. Doors open at 6:30 pm. Stage Left Cafe offers an exceptional performance space and sound system for these events.
Join us for these wonderful evenings of family-friendly entertainment. There is a nominal cover charge at the door.
Important note to performers and attendees in all indoor venues
Please review these new COVID-19 Guidelines provided by the Opera House. We require proof of vaccination (a vaccination card) in Stage Left Cafe for everyone on entry. All performers and audience members must wear masks except when eating, drinking, or performing. Thank you for complying with these requirements and ensuring a safe, healthy environment for everyone.
How to Sign Up to Perform
There are twelve spots at each open mic. Reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis. TIME IS SHORT, so please place your request right away using the following instructions.
If you haven’t already done it, please visit this page (or click on the button below) to complete a one-time informational form. Once you submit that form, you can return to the same page any time to request a performance spot in any of our venues.
The “Golden Rules” of Performing
- All material must be original. Cover songs or the work of other authors is not allowed.
- Singer/songwriters and musicians may perform two songs or ten minutes of material.
- Writers and poets may read five to eight minutes of material. Since we are close to Thanksgiving, consider writing a poem or reflection on gratitude.
- Please do not exceed time lengths as it is unfair to other performers. Keep introductions to your material brief so you can use your time wisely.
- Please show respect to other performers. We encourage you to stay for the entire program. We are proud to maintain a community of supportive artists.
- No recording is allowed except for your own performance.
- Most importantly, have fun, and know that you are among friends!