All-Original Open Mic October 27, 2023 brings wonderful talent to the stage and provides an interesting and entertaining evening for all who attend. Keep crafting your original tunes and poems, essays, and stories. We look forward to you sharing your “gems” in this welcoming, community-friendly environment. The event is Friday, October 27, 7:00 – 9:00 pm (doors open 6:30 pm).
We hope you’re planning to perform or attend as part of the audience. Here’s what you need to know:
All-Original Open Mic — What Is It?
All-Original Open Mic at Stage Left Cafe features original songwriters, composers, poets, and storytellers. We are delighted to showcase these artists in a warm, welcoming community setting.
All performance styles are welcome as long all material is original and the performance is family-friendly.
All-Original Open Mics meet on the fourth Friday of every month, Stage Left Cafe,125 W. Van Buren St., Woodstock, 7:00 – 9:00 pm. Doors open at 6:30 pm. Stage Left Cafe offers an exceptional performance space and sound system for these events.
Join us for these wonderful evenings of family-friendly entertainment. There is a nominal cover charge at the door.
How to Sign Up to Perform
There are twelve spots at each open mic. Reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis. To ensure your performance spot, please place your request at the earliest possible time using the following instructions.
If you haven’t already done it, click on the button below to complete a one-time informational form. If you’ve completed the informational form already, then select All-Original Open Mic at Stage Left.
In Comment or Message, indicate the date you’re requesting. Then let us know if you are a poet/writer or a singer/songwriter.
You may also email Keith Johnson, email@example.com.
The “Golden Rules” of Performing
- All material must be original. Cover songs or the work of other authors is not allowed.
- Singer/songwriters and musicians may perform two songs or ten minutes of material.
- Writers and poets may read five to eight minutes of material.
- Please do not exceed time lengths as it is unfair to other performers. Keep introductions to your material brief so you can use your time wisely.
- Please show respect to other performers. We encourage you to stay for the entire program. We are proud to maintain a community of supportive artists.
- No recording is allowed except for your own performance.
- Most importantly, have fun, and know that you are among friends!
Note Regarding COVID-19 Guidelines
Masks and vaccinations are recommended but not required. Please be thoughtful.
Donations to Off Square Music or to Our Performers
Off Square Music is a non-profit organization, started in 2003. Our mission is to help local artists share their music and poetry and build the best music community in the country. We rely on your generous support to achieve our goals, and we are grateful for your donations at any time. The Donate Button in the left sidebar of any page of the website makes that easy.
If you’d like to donate directly to a musician, you can do that using the Tip a Performer Button, also in the left sidebar.
Stay Up-to-Date with Off Square Music
Want to keep up with what’s going on in local music? Then visit the Off Square Music website Calendar regularly. Here are other ways to follow the music in Woodstock:
- Visit our website frequently
- Sign up for our mailing list, right column of every page of our site, and
- Check out Off Square Music on Facebook (@offsquaremusic.org), Twitter (@OffSquareMusic) and Instagram (offsquaremusic).
- Visit our growing music library on YouTube.