January 26, 2022, 7:00 – 9:00 pm is the next All-Original Open Mic (doors open 6:30 pm). Proof of vaccination is required. We hope you’re planning to perform or attend as part of the audience. Here’s everything you need to know:
What is the All-Original Open Mic?
All-Original Open Mic at Stage Left Cafe features original songwriters, poets, storytellers, and composers. We are delighted to showcase these artists in a warm, welcoming community setting. Beginning in January 2022, these Open Mics meet 4th Wednesdays.
All performance styles are welcome as long all material is original and the performance is family-friendly.
All-Original Open Mics meet on the fourth Wednesday of every month, Stage Left Cafe,125 W. Van Buren St., Woodstock, 7:00 – 9:00 pm. Doors open at 6:30 pm. Stage Left Cafe offers an exceptional performance space and sound system for these events.
Join us for these wonderful evenings of family-friendly entertainment. There is a nominal cover charge at the door.
How to Sign Up to Perform
There are twelve spots at each open mic. Reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis. TIME IS SHORT, so please place your request right away using the following instructions.
If you haven’t already done it, click on the button below to complete a one-time informational form.
You’ll notice that Step One is filling in the form. Once you submit that form, you can return to the same page any time for Step Two, requesting a performance spot in any of our venues. For this occasion, select All-Original Open Mic at Stage Left.
In Comment or Message (under Step Two), indicate that you’re requesting the January 26 date. And be sure to indicate if you are a poet/writer or a singer/songwriter.
The “Golden Rules” of Performing
- All material must be original. Cover songs or the work of other authors is not allowed.
- Singer/songwriters and musicians may perform two songs or ten minutes of material.
- Writers and poets may read five to eight minutes of material.
- Please do not exceed time lengths as it is unfair to other performers. Keep introductions to your material brief so you can use your time wisely.
- Please show respect to other performers. We encourage you to stay for the entire program. We are proud to maintain a community of supportive artists.
- No recording is allowed except for your own performance.
- Most importantly, have fun, and know that you are among friends!
Important note to performers and attendees in all indoor venues
Please review these new COVID-19 Guidelines provided by the Opera House. We require proof of vaccination (a vaccination card) in Stage Left Cafe for everyone on entry. All performers and audience members must wear masks except when eating, drinking, or performing. Thank you for complying with these requirements and ensuring a safe, healthy environment for everyone.
Be the first to comment