All-Original Open Mic coming right up March 23, 2022, 7:00 – 9:00 pm (doors open 6:30 pm). Live performances are always wonderful, but if you can’t attend in person, you’re still in for a treat! The sound quality for the event on Zoom is outstanding.
Our All-Original Open Mic continues to pick up steam and generate new participants. Keep crafting your original tunes and poems, essays, and stories. We look forward to you sharing your “gems” in this welcoming, community-friendly environment.
Join us for these wonderful evenings of family-friendly entertainment. We look forward to welcoming you as a performer or as part of the audience.
Masks and vaccinations are recommended but not required. please be thoughtful.
There is a nominal cover charge at the door. Here’s everything you need to know:
This Month’s Performers
Thank you to these performers at our March All-Original Open Mic:
- Carol Alfus
- Sue Rekenthaler
- Diane Wlezien
- Tricia Alexander
- Julie Monroe
- Deb Glaubke
- Susan Schubert
- Karen Mooney
- Gale Harris
- Terry Loncaric
- Diana Smith
- Jim Gary
- Judy Ferguson
- Mike Johnson
- Carol Obertubbesing
How to Sign Up to Perform
There are twelve spots at each open mic. Reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis. To ensure your performance spot, please place your request at the earliest possible time using the following instructions.
If you haven’t already done it, click on the button below to complete a one-time informational form. If you’ve completed the informational form already, then select All-Original Open Mic at Stage Left.
In Comment or Message, indicate that you’re requesting the March 23 date. Then let us know if you are a poet/writer or a singer/songwriter.
Now You Can Join In From Home
We are happy to announce that All-Original Open Mics are now HYBRID EVENTS! You can also join in from home, with family and friends.
Zoom links go out in our emails, so be sure you and your friends, family, and neighbors are all signed up for the All-Original Open Mic email list.
What is the All-Original Open Mic?
All-Original Open Mic at Stage Left Cafe features original songwriters, poets, storytellers, and composers. We are delighted to showcase these artists in a warm, welcoming community setting.
All performance styles are welcome as long all material is original and the performance is family-friendly.
All-Original Open Mics meet on the fourth Wednesday of every month, Stage Left Cafe,125 W. Van Buren St., Woodstock, 7:00 – 9:00 pm. Doors open at 6:30 pm. Stage Left Cafe offers an exceptional performance space and sound system for these events.
The “Golden Rules” of Performing
- All material must be original. Cover songs or the work of other authors is not allowed.
- Singer/songwriters and musicians may perform two songs or ten minutes of material.
- Writers and poets may read five to eight minutes of material.
- Please do not exceed time lengths as it is unfair to other performers. Keep introductions to your material brief so you can use your time wisely.
- Please show respect to other performers. We encourage you to stay for the entire program. We are proud to maintain a community of supportive artists.
- No recording is allowed except for your own performance.
- Most importantly, have fun, and know that you are among friends!
Donations to Off Square Music or to Our Performers
Off Square Music is a non-profit organization, that started in 2003. Our mission is to help local artists share their music and build the best music community in the country. We rely on your generous support to achieve our goals, and we are grateful for your donations at any time. The Donate Button in the left sidebar of any page of the website makes that easy.
If you’d like to donate directly to a musician, you can do that using the Tip a Performer Button, also in the left sidebar.
Stay Up-to-Date with Off Square Music
The best way to know what’s going on in local music is to visit the Off Square Music website Calendar regularly. Here are other ways to keep up with us:
- Visit our website frequently
- Sign up for our mailing list, right column of every page of our site, and
- Check out Off Square Music on Facebook (@offsquaremusic.org), Twitter (@OffSquareMusic) and Instagram (offsquaremusic).
- Visit our growing music library on YouTube.
Please note: COVID-19 Guidelines are currently relaxed. Masks and vaccines are recommended but not required. Please be thoughtful.
Be the first to comment